Here’s the latest:
- Thanks to everyone who responded to my email about December 30th availability. Due to the large number of people that are not planning to attend, we will not have rehearsal that day. It will also give us some space between everyone having just gathered for Christmas and our next rehearsal in case there are any covid concerns.
- Next rehearsal is tomorrow, December 16th at the middle school. Masks are still required outside the band room.
- NO Rehearsal on December 23rd.
- NO Rehearsal on December 30th.
- Rehearsals will resume for both bands on January 6th at the middle school.
- Thank you to everyone who has paid dues so far this year, including those who paid advance dues last year and also paid dues this year as well. We appreciate your financial help. We are always open to donations if anyone feels inclined.
- Concert revenue will likely be down this year. We were not able to have any fall concerts and we will not be able to hold the Jazzy Valentine this year, so dues and donations will be especially important going forward.
- Dues are $75 and can be paid through PayPal on the members page of our website. Sharonbands.org/members
- If you’d prefer to pay by check, they can be made out to Sharon Community Band. The bank will also accept checks made out to Sharon Bands.
Finance Committee Volunteers
- Tom Lucci, Charlie Piper and George Mellman have formed a finance committee to discuss how to invest our money now that it is no longer in a cd.
- If anyone in the group is savvy with investments, please consider joining the committee to add your input.
- Involvement should only consist of one or two Zoom meetings, at a time to be determined, hopefully prior to the next board meeting.
- If you feel you could make a meaningful contribution, please join the committee, as we would love all input to help in making the best decision for the organization.
- Thank you to everyone that has invited friends to join us to help fill the holes in some sections.
- If you invite anyone to the group, please make them aware that they must be vaccinated to attend rehearsals.
- Please reach out to email@example.com if you have someone that would like to attend a rehearsal.
- We are still searching for a pianist for RSBB.
- If you know of anyone that would be a good fit, please let us know.
- Thank you to everyone who has filled out the Member Information Form on our website.
- If you haven’t done so already, you can fill it out here: Member Update Form/Dues – The Sharon Bands (sharon-bands.org)
- This page also has the PayPal link on it to pay dues or make a donation.
- We are asking everyone to fill this out no matter how long you’ve been with us. We are trying to get an updated record of our membership.
Next Board Meeting:
- January 10, 2022 via Zoom.
- Members are welcome to attend the meeting. Just let Angela know if you’d like the meeting link.